November 13, 2017
- Virginia Association of Collaborative Professionals Annual Conference
September 8th and 9th, 2017
- Two-Day Training for Collaborative Mental Health Professionals (with Linda Solomon, LMFT and Lisa Herrick, PhD)
Friday, November 10, 2017
- Mastering Crucial Moments in Separation and Divorce, Sonoma California
Annual Conference of the Collaborative Council of the Redwood Empire, Collaborative Practice Marin, Integrative Mediation Bay Area
“What makes a great divorce professional great?” This clear, accessible how-to guide answers that question through a rich blend of theory, true-to-life vignettes, and practical techniques. The authors start with the notion that divorce is best viewed not as a failure, but as a developmental crisis in the life of a couple. Scharff and Herrick then explore our roles as helping professionals, and provide a clear roadmap for supporting clients in reaching durable agreements under conditions of stress. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or new to the field,whether you’re an attorney, mental health professional, financial expert or allied professional, you’ll find fresh perspectives on familiar concepts, surprising new ideas, group and individual “exercises” for ongoing learning, and a trove of tools to add to your professional toolbox.
Among the key topics you’ll learn about are:
- · What do we mean by “developmental crisis,” and why is it important to us as divorce professionals?
- · The human relationship to change, the nature of “transformation,” and why they matter in our work
- · How to provide The Three Conditions For Positive Change that are crucial in helping clients to make good, informed decisions
- · Essential techniques for working with clients – including those who are passive, positional, and high conflict
- · “7 Factors” to consider when deciding what to do or what to say in fraught moments